Reading, Revisited

So it's been ten days since I started and a full week since I talked about the fact that I was going to try to reprogram my mind to be able to read again, and I thought an update might be in order.

Adjustments need to be made to that list I offered, both in removing parts and adding a few that I overlooked the first time.

The reading list updated (these are books that I am partially through at the moment):

  1. Norse Mythology by Neil Gaiman
  2. Born a Crime by Trevor Noah
  3. Talking as Fast as I Can by Lauren Graham
  4. On Celtic Tides by Chris Duff
  5. The Magician King by Lev Grossman
  6. The Court of the Air by Stephen Hunt
  7. The Angel of Darkness by Caleb Carr
  8. The Big Tiny by Dee Williams
  9. The Unexpected Guest by Agatha Christie
  10. Hollow City by Ransom Riggs
  11. American Gods by Neil Gaiman (this is a re-read, but still counts)
  12. Accidental Saints by Nadia Bolz-Weber
  13. The Cornish Coast Murder by John Bude
  14. Dragons at Crumbling Castle by Terry Pratchett
  15. So, Anyway... by John Cleese
  16. Moab is My Washpot by Stephen Fry
  17. Cheer Up Love by Susan Calman 
As you can see, quite a few books have been piling up, unfinished, neglected around my house.

The good news is that since I started this project ten days ago I not only finished the three that have been struck out above (it wasn't my intention to read down the list...just sort of happened) but I also finished the Fredrick Backman book I kicked this all off with.

So there you have it.  The brain can be reprogrammed to be able to handle the focused task of reading a book, despite several years of social media corruption.

Now if you'll excuse me, I think I'll read.